Florida Entertainment Sales Tax Exemption
Are you still paying sales tax on your Florida production expenditures?
The Florida Office of Film & Entertainment offers a point-of-sale Sales Tax Exemption to qualified production companies producing content in Florida.
Qualified Florida expenditures include:
• Production equipment rental or purchase
• Real estate rental (studio, office, location fees)
• Set design and construction
• Computer and software (production related)
You can start saving up to 7.5% in just a few business days! Apply online at filminflorida.com.
Miami Beach Film Incentives:
• One (1) free Vehicle Beach Access Pass with each permitted day only after an off-duty officer has been reserved.
• During the months of June through September, vehicle beach access passes (above and beyond the one free each day) shall be reduced by 50% to $75.00 (per vehicle/per day).
• Larger productions which demonstrate no less than 100 Miami Beach room nights and make formal request on letterhead may receive up to ten (10) free Vehicle Beach Access Passes with each permitted day.
• Larger productions which demonstrate no less than 100 Miami Beach room nights and make formal request on letterhead may receive any additionally permitted Vehicle Beach Access Passes reduced by 50% to $75.00 (per vehicle/per day).
• Free base camp parking in the P-lot across from the Miami Beach Convention Center when the lot is not manned for show days, load-in or load-out.
• Reduced cost P-lot parking when available during manned days.
• Reduced cost parking at limited City lots and garages (call for specifics).
• Waiver of all administrative fees related to the hiring of police off-duty officers for permitted Film and Print productions.
• Waiver of all generator, tent and building permits for production purpose use only per South Florida Building Code.
For more information, visit the The City of Miami Beach Office of Film and Print.